Saturday, November 28, 2015

Ebooks Galore



Note: This blog was originally posted January 17th, 2015.
My first novel Optimate is also now available as an ebook on Amazon (2015 rerelease edition).
This time the book is listed as New Adult. I’m interested to see what impact that label will have, in terms of exposure and sales. Marketing tools are weird creatures.
Sound is also an ebook on Amazon, so that’s two live novels on the list. Optimate is quite straightforward, full of tech (and fashion). Sound is much more complex; I consider the book my raison d’être.
Well… so far.
I’m currently working on my tv pilot pitch Gateway (that’s all I can say, these lips are sealed). Being so aware of time while tweaking narrative and dialogue is distracting, and very different to novel writing. You have to be constantly conscious of how the story will translate into screen time. It’s like having a metronome in the room.
Aside from that, still rewriting the final section of my novel The Conceptualist, expanding on a few ideas that I felt weren’t explored/addressed enough, especially in the closing moments. And for A Charismatic Man I’ve been thinking about the nuances of performance art (I know that’s vague, but it’s a heavy topic!).
Right now though, I’m celebrating having both Sound and Optimate up on Amazon Kindle and available for download. The section of my brain that worked on them is vacationing as we speak (most probably somewhere that doesn’t involve making sentences).
Also, if you’d like to follow me on twitter or instagram, I’m @gil_e_liane on both of them x
Finally, I’ll leave this clip from FKA twigs here. I love this, for many reasons, including these:
-A blue that isn’t as cold as you’d expect.
-The odd moments of editing that suggest something stilted.
-The way it’s primal but controlled.
-The choreography, or to be exact, the implied messages in the sum of the movement (and the use of the walls).
-Cinematography that tries on different camera angles. It’s like everything is held back, except this, which is unusual. Why the lack of restraint there?
-The absence of vocals. And the sunlight that can’t really get in. And the poles. And the loneliness.
-Nobody is connecting, not really. It feels like they’re all alive, but asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment